Endodontic Therapy - The Procedure of Treating Infected Pulp in Root Canal
Contrary to a popular belief root canal is not a dental treatment, but actually is a part of your tooth. The root canal connects the tooth's root tip with its pulp and travels the length of the root. The nerves are located here. That's why you feel sensitivity whenever you eat or drink anything hot or cold. As a result, if the pulp gets infected with bacteria, it is unable to heal itself, causing constant pain and hypersensitivity. The process of removing infected pulp is called endodontic therapy, not root canal treatment.
Signs That You Need Endodontic Treatment - Root Canal Therapy
These are the symptoms you should be aware of, that might lead you into getting Endodontic Treatment
- Toothache - extreme sensitivity to hot and cold that turns into acute pain, sudden and persistent pain in teeth. Even chewing and biting become painful.
- Abscess - When you notice a pimple-like bump on your gums that might be an abscess. If the root is infected by bacteria it forms a bump around the gum as an indication.
- Trauma - Any sports injury or accident that might damage the entire dental system
- Tooth decay - happens when cavities are left unattended or are spread beyond control.
Is Root Canal Treatment Painful?
Often, root canal treatments are feared because of the intensity of pain associated with them. So to bust some myths our Endodontists at Akshar Dental Clinic suggest, that the pain is due to the infection in the roots and not from the treatment. On the contrary, the treatment relieves the pain. So, say no to preconceived notions before you consult our experts.
With the help of anesthesia, our surgeon would numb the pain in the tooth or nearby area. The intensity of the pain reduces to a great extent after the treatment. Despite the tenderness lasting a few days. Further, the prescribed pain medication does a decent job of relieving the discomfort
Benefits From Root Canal Therapy
- Relieves Inflammation in the Pulp
Once the root canal procedure is completed, patients can return to living their lives without tooth pain within a day or two.
- Not a Painful Treatment
As opposed to other dental procedures such as root extraction, a root canal is virtually painless and comfortable. Using appropriate equipment, Endodontists at Akshar Dental Clinic remove the infection, disinfect, and clean the area.
- Saves Your tooth The goal of the entire procedure is to prevent the tooth from becoming infected. Under certain circumstances, it has proven to be more effective than a tooth extraction.